Shouldice focuses on abdominal wall hernia repairs. These include:
- inguinal hernia
- umbilical hernia
- epigastric hernia
- inguino - femoral hernia
- incisional hernia
Because it focuses specifically on Hernia repairs, it has very good outcomes. Generally much better than those achieved by generalists. These include:
- more than 300,000 hernia operations performed since 1945
- 7,000 hernia operations performed each year
- 30 hernia operations average per day
- complication and infection rate less than 0.5%
- overall recurrence rate of 1% on more than 300,000 hernia operations
In its dedication to excellence, learning and continous improvement, Shouldice follows-up with all of its patients, including:
The accounting staff will provide an estimate of charges, once you have either been examined at the hospital, or we have received your completed medical questionnaire.
No related articles.